Championing Marion County Businesses
This division’s objectives include communicating business positions on legislative issues to elected officials, offering guidance for monitoring business legislation and serving as a liaison between government and the local business community. The MCCC works in cooperation with the small cities in Marion County to find way of improving services and reducing the costs associated with those services. It is the belief of the MCCC that we will only realize our potential by working together. The Governmental Affairs Division supports legislation covering a variety of subjects including:
- The MCCC supports the initiatives of both Fairmont State University and Pierpont Community and Technical College to avoid higher education budget cuts for the 2015 Legislative Session.
- The MCCC supports the West Virginia High Technology Consortium Foundation in their efforts to eliminate or restructure the WVEDA Loan and/or obtain additional funding from state sources to sustain the grouth in the I-79 Technology Park
- The MCCC supports the completion of the 3rd Street Bridge extension, bringing direct traffic to Locust Ave.
- MCCC supports an analysis of Marion County Schools and the benefits of paper recycling initiative for all public schools.
- MCCC supports improvement and enhancement of the Marion County’s rail trail.
Marion County Municipalities
| Barrackville PO Box 26 Barrackville, WV 26559 304.680.6026
||Fairmont 200 Jackson Street Fairmont, WV 26554 304.366.6211
|| Fairview PO Drawer 119 Fairview, WV 26570 304.449.1642
|Farmington PO Box 520 Farmington, WV 26570 304.825.6442
||Grant Town PO Box 40 Grant Town, WV 26574 304.278.7384
||Mannington 206 Main Street Mannington, WV 26582 304.986.2700
|Monongah 430 Bridge Street Monongah, WV 26554 304.534.3365
||Pleasant Valley 2340 Kingmont Road Pleasant Valley, WV 26554 304.363.2400
|| Rivesville PO Box 45 Rivesville, WV 26588 304.278.5301
|White Hall 3 Timrod Drive White Hall, WV 26554 304.367.1687
||Worthington PO Box 165 Worthington, WV 26591 304.287.2238
In addition, the MCCC Board of Directors approves a Legislative Agenda each year and works closely with state elected officials on legislative issues.
2015 Legislative Agenda